Ann's Feingold Friendly Carmel Popcorn
- 1/4 c. butter (I use butter instead of oil, because it is better for you.)
- Enough popcorn to make the bottom of the pan one kernel deep
- Turn stove to Medium high, cover with lid and gently shake the pan until it is finished popping. (This can take a few minutes)
- Vent the lid to let the steam escape as necessary. (I use a vented lid)
- When the kernels stop popping, dump the popcorn into a bowl.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or Sucanat (I prefer sucanat for the extra nutrients)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Put all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and stir continuously on medium high heat.
- Once the syrup comes to a boil, continue stirring while it boils for an additional two minutes.
- Immediately drizzle the caramel over the popcorn and stir to cover as many kernels as possible.
"Then God said, 'Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.' And it was so." -Genesis 1:11