Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Counting My Birthday Blessings...

I had such a wonderful birthday!!! Like I said yesterday, I counted my blessings on this birthday!!!  I am sure that there are blessings I have received that have not made it into the count, but I really started realizing I am rich in blessings!!! Here they are in no particular order...


How I was blessed today:


1. My family & friends - I woke up this morning to a ton of emails from my family and friends wishing me a happy birthday.  It made me feel so special!!!


2. My husband & children - No one in my household remembered my birthday until my husband saw the emails and said, "Is it your birthday???" He said he couldn't believe he had written the 11th on so many papers the yesterday at work and it didn't register.  I found it hilarious!!! I am used to my husband being forgetful. When we first met, I asked him when his birthday was and he said April 3rd.  I have been known to have a pretty good memory and so later in our relationship I mentioned some famous people who were born on April 3rd and he proceeded to tell me, "My birthday is not April 3rd it's April 6th."  After this, I became thrilled if he remembered my name...just kidding :) Of course, my husband and children proceeded to shower me with love and then came my next blessing...


3. Lunch & Treat - After my husband's faux pas, he decided to go eat a special lunch.  We drove an hour to get to one of our favorite Cincinnati fast food places (my birthday meant naughty food...TeeHeeHee) Frishes Big Boy has always been a favorite place.  You see, I grew up in Cincinnati and miss the food since we live about 4 hours away.  Thankfully, some of our favorite Cincinnati restaurants are in Kentucky, hence the shorter drive. I know a lot of you would think special fast food lunch is an oxymoron, but you must understand that it was extremely hot and we have three children still in carseats so we do a lot of eating in the minivan :) After lunch, my husband bought me a very YUMMY peanut butter cup cupcake!!!


4. Special Visitor - When we got home I noticed a butterfly had attached itself to my shirt and came in the house.  What a cool experience!!!! We gave him some strawberries and watched as he drank the juice with his straw-like mouth.  It was neat to watch him coil it up, too.  I had to get some pictures, of course!!!

5. Mail - Remember as kids how much you desperately wanted mail, but it was only for you on your birthday? I felt like a kid again!!! I was so excited to see a card from my AMAZING grandparents and also one from my dad who I have not seen or talked to in a couple years.  We are not angry with one another we just write each other on certain occasions. My parents divorced when I was 7 yrs and he has never been consistent about seeing us. He had some issues he needed to fix and did not start to do that until recently. He got himself in some trouble some years back and is serving time for it. This was the first time in 31 years he remembered my birthday without anyone telling him and he even remembered how old I turned!!! I cried like a baby when I read his kind words.



6. My Lord & Savior - I have to end on perfect number seven with my perfect blessing.  I have had a personal relationship with Jesus for many years now, but I only in the past year and a half began to make a complete submission to Him in all areas of my life.  It has been a wonderful journey, though, it is not over yet!!! So my final blessing is that the Lord breathed life into my 31 yrs and 9 mos ago (I believe in life at conception) and He has blessed me ever since!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment